Re: [guide-user] Re: Copying Guide from machine to machine- was Guide9 and Win7

Andrew Hood Jul 27, 2014

On 27/07/2014 4:31 AM, joeblow0@... [guide-user] wrote:

Okay, but I'm not really interested in copying over a previous Guide installation intact from another machine.  I'd just like to install from the installation disk on my Win7 box so that it works properly.

From this thread it seems I should either 1) install Guide in C:\ ( rather than C:\My Programs x86\ ), or 2) run it as Administrator each time I open it.

Yes. Install to <driveletter>:\Guide<version>

That saves the bad security involved in running as Administrator, and SmallLimp's stupid path names containing spaces which break all sorts of things.

Andrew
--
-- Dr. Who