RE: [guide-user] Guide 9 and Win7

Owen Brazell Jul 23, 2014

It is not a good idea to install things into Program Files if you want to modify files there as this is usually a protected folder under Windows 7.

Owen

From: guide-user@yahoogroups.com [mailto:guide-user@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 23 July 2014 6:33 PM
To: guide-user@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [guide-user] Guide 9 and Win7

I just replaced an XP computer with one runnning Win7 (64bit), and I'm finding some problems with Guide 9.  I installed Guide 9 into C:\My Programs\x86\.

Problem #1, can't modify toolbar:

I can click in the dialog box to add and subtract various options for the toolbar in the "settings" menu item.  The asterisks appear and disappear next to the items to be modified when I click "on" and "off". Everything seems to be working in the familiar way.  I click "OK" and return to the chart display.  Nothing has changed in the toolbar.  All the default settings are there and none of the changes.

(I'm also seeing the spacing difference in spacing of the toolbar items mentioned on the ProjectPluto website.

Problem #2:  can't save "marks":

I go through the usual procedure to create and save a "mark".  But when I go b ack later to load the mark I created it's not on the list of marks.  Only the default marks are listed.

I've done all this successfully many times in previous version of Guide going back to Guide 3.  Also, I don't remember having any problems with these tasks in Guide 9 running under XP.

Has anyone else seen these problems when using Win7-64.

Phil