Re: Transfering Quasar database to hard drive

stripe1966 Apr 27, 2014

ah yes, QSO 957, the famous Double Quasar. I've seen this several times with my 20-inch Starmaster. It IS a beauty if you realize what you are actually looking at.

Most nights I can see no more than a "peanut" or "snowman" appearance out of it. But then every once in a great while, the seeing in the Midwest is good enough to really crank the power up and they appear as tiny car headlights coming at you. It's amazing to think that they are both actually the same object just in double-vision.

-Scott Kranz