Re: [guide-user] Guide suddenly demanding CD at startup

Bill Gray Mar 4, 2014

Hi Grant,

There is no date threshhold involved.

I've heard of this bug from time to time. I have never really been completely
sure of this, but I _think_ it was related to a bug, since fixed, involving
Guide running when the computer was shut down; for some reason, Guide didn't
get enough time to write out all the files it normally should.

I would suggest you get the current update from

http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm

and install that. If I'm right, the bug fix in question will cause Guide
to behave itself correctly. If not, it will at least replace a fair number of
files with "correct" versions; if one of those was a corrupted file, then
installing the update will fix that problem.

-- Bill