Re: [guide-user] Question: How do I change the cuts for showing fits files?

Christian Ambros Oct 25 12:22 PM

Hi Michael,

that worked fine. Before the image was completely white. For single images this procedure is nice, but how can I make sure imported images get certain contrast levels right at being loaded?
I have 194 galaxy clusters +/- 20° above and below the galactic equator ready to be shown. If I have to adjust all of them by hand that'll take days and it'll drive my mad in the end.

A second question: Is there a way to include all fits in a folder directly?

And third, since the KIDS (Kilo degree survey) of the Leiden Observatory has it's first data online it would be nice to include the available images in guide automatically or just like dss but with huger image dimension like degree x degree or so.

Fourth, does someone know about an up2date catalog of know gravitational lenses including images? I know that Abell 2218 is one and it can be photographed with a C8 to show the lensing.

cheers,
Christian
--
"A little learning never caused anyone's head to explode!"

"Ein wenig Lernen hat noch niemandens Kopf zum Explodieren gebracht!"