Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 3:19 AM
Subject: [guide-user] Question: How do I change the cuts for showing fits files?

Hi,

after having some success on including plenty of my images into guide by wcs-orientating them with astrometry.net I was wondering how I may set the cuts to get more details out of the fits images.
The standard cuts are nice for over views but if one wants to get some faint galaxies or some arclets of a gravitational lenses to be shown, it would be nice to be able to adjust the levels of the image.

In general, what is the basis on which the images of dss and other plates are shown?

cheers,
Christian
--
"A little learning never caused anyone's head to explode!"

"Ein wenig Lernen hat noch niemandens Kopf zum Explodieren gebracht!"