Re: [guide-user] Request: More flexibility with GRS and Jovian satellite tables

Bill Gray Oct 7 9:15 AM

Hi Stephen,

Hmmm... I have to admit that the ability to say, "Only show me things
above my horizon that happen at night" (i.e., "things I can actually see")
would apply not only to GRS transits and Jovian satellite events, but
might also be useful when you want to list currently visible comets or
asteroids, or lunar eclipses. And possibly even when you list Messier
objects, and in a few other places.

What jumps to mind, in terms of simplicity and making the availability
of the control obvious to the user, would be to have a line at the start
of the table: "Click here to suppress daytime and below-the horizon
events." Click on it, and the list gets a lot shorter and that text
becomes "Click here to display daytime and below-the-horizon events."

This might not be too difficult to do, and should be quite useful.
I'll see what I can figure out.

-- Bill