Re: [guide-user] Re: Representations of heaven more attractive in guide 9. For when will that be?

Christian Ambros Jun 26, 2013

Hi Stephen,

no, it won't, infact using QT4.8 and OpenGL would speed things up and make them more modern looking. Transparency could be used in some kind of layering technique, which would solve the problem with multirepresentations of objects. But to achieve that many things have to be rewritten or out sourced. Because Guide has a 20 years long history, that isn't done easily. Perhaps one could do that if Bill would consider help from Guide fans.

QT and OpenGL would make Guide plattform independant, when every other module is written in c/c++. A second thing, would be using INDI to talk to devices like telescope mounts, cameras, filter wheels.

cheers,
Chrisitian

--
"A little learning never caused anyone's head to explode!"

"Ein wenig Lernen hat noch niemandens Kopf zum Explodieren gebracht!"