Re: [guide-user] Planet maps/hotkeys

feliks314159 Mar 17, 2013

Hi Sam (and Roger),

$%!(*& it... I was sure that the missing DVD files would be the
answer. Guess it's not so easy.

First, the part I can answer: Sam, the hotkeys are in a file
called 'hotkey.dat'. Copy that over from your previous install,
and you'll be all set in that department.

I will now guess that the missing planet maps are due to a
flaw in either 'startup.mar' or 'plan_map.txt'. If you would
both e-mail both files to me, I'll puzzle through them and see
what I can figure out. It may help that I'll have two sets of
"problem" files; it may cause me to see a common factor.

Sam, have you tried (on your new installation) the updated
software on the http://wwww.projectpluto.com/new.htm page?
I'm wondering if this is an "update" problem, or "baked into
the DVD" problem. (Though Roger mentions seeing the same issue
in Guide 8; it sounds as if it's a long-standing problem.)

Thanks!