Re: Latest version GUIDE 9

Greg Roberts Feb 11, 2013

Guide UsersMorning Bill

I installed the latest version of GUIDE 9 with the corrected satellite magnitudes but all it succeeded in doing was messing up GUIDE 8 - I have both GUIDE8.EXE and GUIDE9.EXE co-existing in the same directory c:/GUIDE8.

With the new GUIDE9 installed both GUIDE8.EXE and GUIDE9 ask for the CDRom to be installed which has not been the case before and I was able to run either GUIDE8 or GUIDE9.

Guide8 also gave some error message re "ord" - or similar - unfortunately I did not make a careful note.

Anyway I solved my problem by deleteing the entire GUIDE8 installation on the particular PC and copied the entire directory of GUIDE8 from another machine so Im back in business but obviously cannot run the new version of GUIDE9 - the old version still runs, so something new that now messes up GUIDE8 and GUIDE9.

Would be nice if we could have the corrected satellite magnitudes in GUIDE8 - noticed this a long time ago but since I dont use GUIDE for satellite magnitudes it never particularly concerned me.

Many thanks
Greg