What might I have done? Cannot goto HIP stars..

grantcblair Feb 9, 2013

I guess I must have done something weird to my Guide9 installation. While I can't be totally certain this worked before, I find myself unable to use Go To...Star...Hipparcos to locate any stars by their Hipparcos numbers. Even the really bright ones.

Yet when I right-click on such a star (this also proving it's not a limiting magnitude issue), it lists the correct HIP number among its designations.

When I use Go To...Star...Hipparcos and enter, say, 21421 (Aldebaran), Guide tells me "not a valid object".

What am I doing wrong, please?

Thanks,

Grant