Re: [guide-user] Re: The moon acting up

Bill J Gray Sep 24, 2012

Hi Jari,

Guide's data for planet rotations comes from 'cospar.txt'. (COSPAR
= Committee On Space Research, which decides on the "official"
parameters for planet/satellite rotation systems.) The only thing
I can think of is that your 'cospar.txt' file has been damaged or
is missing. Try downloading this to your Guide folder:

http://www.projectpluto.com/cospar.txt

Also: is the moon rotating to keep one side to the earth, or
at some odd rate, or staying fixed relative to the stars, or... ?
(Similarly for other objects?)

-- Bill