From: Woodchuk
To: guide-user@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:30 AM
Subject: Re: [guide-user] 2012 LZ1 mag errros

Tom

Alt-J shortcut has many uses initiated by placing a command line in the (Guide.dat)
file that directs Guide to do your command. But in this instance it is telling
Guide to select & read a file on my computer that is one of a list of many files,
and can be in any location on that computer. i.e- I download the three files
(MPCORB.dat, NEA.dat, and Daily.dat) to the directory C:\Asteroid. This saves
having to dig into the Guide directory. Then I use the Alt-J command to pick the
file I want--i.e.
"MPCORB_PATH=C:\asteroid\xxxx.xxx" (name of file and extension)
After using Alt-J to do a selection the Guide program must be closed so the
Guide.dat file can be re-read thus selecting the new command on start-up.

Also, to clear the Alt-J command you you have to call up the command and delete
everything in the Command line *after* the = sign. This would allow you to have a
file read that is right in the Guide directory.

Larry Wood