Re: [guide-user] 2012 LZ1 mag errros

Richard Mallett Jun 14, 2012

On 14/06/2012 20:26, Ben Hudgens wrote:
> There seems to be a problem in displaying the new NEO 2012 LZ1 in Guide.
> I'm using the Apr 19 version of Guide and also using the newest MPCORB.dat file.
>
> Goto asteroid works ok but does not display the asteroid which is currently 13.9 mag. I have asteroid mag. limit set to display 15.5 mag. Only when I increase the mag limit to 16.6 or dimmer will the NEO display. Never seen this problem show up before. Have been using Guide since Version 2.
>
> Anyone else having this problem or have a solution to having Guide correctly display the asteroid?
>
> Ben

http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm says it was last updated 2012
January 29 (though confusingly some items are dated 2012 April 6) -
should I be downloading another ZIP file ?

If I have the January 29 version, and (e.g.) want the new Venus map,
what do I have to do ? Download the ZIP file and / or the map ?

--
--
Richard Mallett