Venus transit display

Luc Desamore May 5, 2012

Hi Bill,

I am looking at the Transit of Venus for Cointe Observatory In Belgium, (E 5 33 50, N 50 37 05) on june 6th. (Planets are in full precision)

If I click on the eclipse map, at Cointe site, Guide gives a last contact time of 04:55:01 which is exact. Now with the same contact time in a normal map with a very big zoom (Level 20, 2" field), I see a gap between the Sun and Venus (about 1,4 arcsec). If I want to fill the gap I have to set the time to 04:54:36 thus 25 seconds earlier.

This has of course very few importance nevertheless it intrigues me somewhat.

Luc