Re: [guide-user] Mysteries.....

Christian Ambros Apr 19, 2012

Hi guys,

since I'm using Guide8 and now 9 with wine under Linux, I never experienced such problems anymore. No crashes, no setting or data losses and I'm using Guide since Version 2 especially for my daily work. I know how annoying crashes during some serious obs runs are so I decided to give a try with wine and can't report anything negative. On the contrary! With wine, even USNO B1 overfilled star fields up to 21 mag are displayed in seconds, where I have to wait several minute on Windows XP and 7.

Maybe you both want to give it a try. Linux Mint Debian happens to be one of the most stable and user friendliest Distribution on the market without any necessity of having to install it. Ok if you want to enjoy all the benefits you have to install, but for a quick try its not necessary.

Can you find out what makes your machines crash? Is it some kind of segmentation faults, which normally lead to setting losses?

Christian

--
"A little learning never caused anyone's head to explode!"

"Ein wenig Lernen hat noch niemandens Kopf zum Explodieren gebracht!"