Re: [guide-user] Update to Guide 9.0 (and 8.0) posted

Arild Moland Jan 20, 2012

The way I read Bill, is that Guide8 users from now on will use the Guide9
software. Ie. that the old Guide8.exe shall be deleted, and Guide9.exe used
instead. This is probably a break from what was done during the transition
from Guide 7 to 8?

Anyway, it makes sense for Bill to avoid maintaing two different exe's.
What you get from ordering Guide9 is much more data. After all, we all know
that Guide9 is basically the latest installment of Guide8 + a bunch of new
data, so this way up updating Guide8 ought to make sense.

Perhaps though, Bill should provide a copy of the Guide9.exe, named
Guide8.exe, to avoid confusion? (Or better, provide a zip-file identical to
the Guide9 update, wherein the Guide9.exe is renamed Guide8.exe.)

Arild :)