Re: [guide-user] Re: UCAC3

Bill J Gray Nov 12, 2011

Hi Grant,

grantcblair wrote:
> Thanks, Bill. I believe I'm following along.
>
> So if I only decompressed, say z180 through z360, I should be fine
> for north of the celestial equator, right?

Yup.

> I did this (for example, the uncompressed z180 is 25,626,384 bytes)
> and still I don't see UC3 designations for stars in these files.
>
> Is there anything I can send you config-wise that may shed some
> light on this? Please?

Hmmm... try clicking on Extras... Toggle User Datasets, then
on "UCAC-3". Make sure that it's turned On, and you may want to
turn on labels as well. Also, look at the "show at" fields and
make sure they cover the fields of view you have in mind. (Be
warned that you _could_ have UCAC-3 shown at fields of zero to
180 degrees, but it'll take a while when you get near the latter.)

If you don't even see the "UCAC-3" option, or if the stars
still don't show up, please let me know.

-- Bill