I wish Guide had that

Bernd Brinkmann Feb 15, 2011

Hello Bill,

two things I have on my wishing list:

1.) I'm working very much with marks. I have more than 100 for specific
telescope/camera/location/orientation/object/time combinations. When loading a
mark, the list is shown where I can choose one from. That's good and ok. But when
saving a mark, only the name of the last loaded mark is shown. At this point it
would be nice to have the list of marks too and choose one from it and eventually
replace only few parts of the (sometimes comlex) name.

2.) I'm working with custum horizons for different observing locations. To change
them, I have to open the Guide8 folder in windows explorer, delete HORIZON.DAT,
copy the wanted horizon file and rename it to HORIZON.DAT. It would be nice to
choose from a list of horizon files like the mark files. A bonus could be that
one can draw a horizon line from within Guide and save it too.

PS: I'm a surveying engineer and have measured many horizon / visibility profiles
not only for my own observing places but also for other public observatories.

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann

Sternwarte Herne, MPC code A18