Re: re Just a little problem, also

Stefano TREVISAN Jun 26, 2010

Hi John,
I use the ucac3.idf file exactly as it is downloaded from ProjectPluto web page.
I also tryied to switch to the English version with the same results.
Unfortunately I don't have the Spanish language installed.
I'm an "asteroid peep" as you wrote but I would prefer "observer" instaed.
I do not think to be "pretty fetishistic about always using the latest astrometric catalogue". I just use UCAC3 when I think it is useful in order to improve the quality of my astrometry, as it exists, and I think also that all guys doing astrometry are quite happy when they can improve the quality of their job using the latest astrometric catalogue even if it is not perfect.
Tomorrow I will go for ten days fishing trouts, I hope when I will be back to be able to solve the problem, maybe Bill, or someone else, will do it before.
Stefano.