The Kepler Eclipsers

Bin View Jun 16, 2010

Alright then, to finish off on the Kepler Eclipsers, I've matched the catalogue from this paper http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.2815 which has an online table here http://astro4.ast.villanova.edu/aprsa/kepler/ against the Kepler catalogue I posted yesterday, gleaned the coords for what seems to be all but forty odd of the objects (still included, but won't plot in Guide due to said coord lack), not rigorously checked one by one but the one or two checked at random matched coords and ID.

I've TDFed it and put it here, available for seven days apparently :-

http://wikisend.com/download/175494/kecl.zip

Unzipping that into the Guide directory marks a purple + symbol at the position of the eclipsers, gives epochs and periods, and links out to the MAST Kepler data summary page and raw lightcurve plotter again.  The earlier Kepler TDF can be used for fetching the data, or the line doing that in that TDF can be inserted into this TDF.

An extra link out for this TDF uses the above villanova webservice to show the lightcurve of the eclipsers.

So, for example in the astroph paper KID 09137992 in Figure 6 looks like this at the villnova site :-

<http://astro4.ast.villanova.edu/aprsa/kepler/detached/kid_09137992.png>

linked out to from Guide.

It also happens to be to be T-Lyr1-05984 , second down in the righthand column here

<http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-3881/135/3/850/aj259648f18.html>

showing that starspot evolution and progression for this object has evolved very quickly relative to the data used in the Devor 2008 paper

http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-3881/135/3/850/aj_135_3_850.html

and the more recent Kepler observations.

Amplitude is small at ~0.15 magnitude but keen photometrists, like those that follow superhumps etc, should be able to follow such objects for a short time every year or six months, and the folded lightcurve is likely to change from year to year for this 12th mag 2.9 and a bit day period object.

In other words, this is a "Starspot Cycle".  Given long enough a long term pattern in the evolution of the lightcurve might appear.

John