comet & asteroid file updates

stripe1966 Jun 9, 2010

Been having this problem for a while now:

Running Guide 8 April 3 2010 version on XP.

When I go to update the comet data file (from the "Extras", "Comet/Asteroid options", ...), I get a "connection to the server cannot be established" error message, a series of little "OK" windows, and then the program dies.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there a way to update this file manually by going to a MPC site and saving the comet file to the GUIDE8 folder?

Also, since the original MPC asteroid site hasn't been updated since February 2010, where can I find up to date Guide-format-ready asteroid files?

Thanks!
-Scott Kranz