Re: [guide-user] remote control of telescope - Guide 8

Bernd Brinkmann Feb 15, 2010

Hello Alfredo,

> Now I would like to report a problem: I can point to objects with sufficient
> accuracy, even taking into account that I made the alignment of the
> telescope with GPS but with only one star!

ok. That's right what you are doing. And you have to do this alignement once at
an observing session.

> But, when I click on "Slew Guide", I still get the answer "position unread
> " and then the Guide's map does not show the point where the telescope is
> pointed!
> Could you help me to understand the cause of this response?
>
> Also I do not understand the function of the command "Add Alignement star." How it
> works and what steps should I take?

The "Add Alignement star" button has the following function: It will encrese the
accuracy of your pointing. Center a star in your eyepiece or ccd, center this
star in Guide and click on "Add Alignement star".

> In the future can we use, even for Celestron telescopes, the commands:
> "Find" and "Center"?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Alfredo Caronia
>
> 2010/2/15 Bill J Gray <pluto@...>
>

> > Hi Alfredo,
> >
> > Those 'slew', 'find', 'enter', and 'guide' commands are LX-200
> > specific. For a Celestron scope, the 'slew Guide' and 'slew telescope'
> > commands work, but not those four radio buttons.
> >
> > -- Bill

Cler skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann