Re: [guide-user] Time Change Problem

Laren Dart Nov 7, 2009

Hi Bill,

Guide 8 has never corrected for daylight saving time to my knowledge
(now using 7 October 2009 version). I checked, and there was a line
TOFFSET- in guide.dat but wihout any number attached. I don't know
how it got there, so I removed it. This computer has always been set
to adjust for daylight saving time in the Windows time dialog. The
first time I boot it after the time change, a dialog pops up to
remind me that the time has been changed.

Larry

At 05:05 PM 11/7/2009, you wrote:

>Hi Tom, all,
>
>One small correction: the file 'guide.dat' may, or may not,
>have a line that reads
>
>TOFFSET=1
>
>If it _does_ have that line, remove it. If it lacks a TOFFSET
>line, insert one.
>
>In some cases, the time error in Windows runs the other way,
>and one has to use TOFFSET=-1. In theory, if you had a two-hour
>error, you would use TOFFSET=2 (or TOFFSET=-2), and so on. I
>don't recall anything but one-hour errors, though.
>
>Guide does _not_ attempt to correct for Daylight "Saving" Time.
>It reads the system time. Unfortunately, that's not always
>reliable, as you're discovering. There are also some odd one-hour
>errors of a sort I've yet to figure out, that don't actually seem
>to have anything to do with Daylight "Saving" Time.
>
>There was a known issue with the switch last March. That doesn't
>affect the November switchover, though.
>
>-- Bill

Laren Dart
http://ldart.got.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091107-1, 11/07/2009
Tested on: 11/7/2009 5:58:08 PM