Guide 8 & a Losmandy G-11 Mount w/Gemini

Jerry Bialozynski Mar 17, 2009

I'm controlling a LX-200 with Guide 8 and have now procured a Losmandy G-11 w/Gemini mount. I vaguely remember it not being very difficult at all to set up my computer to talk to the LX-200 and control its movements. Is the G-11 just as easy? If someone out there has this same mount and is driving it using Guide 8, could please walk me through the steps to get my laptop talking to the mount. The laptop has a serial port and I have a serial to RS-232 cable.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry