Re: [guide-user] Depicting "crash zone" & horizon height - how to?

Bernd Brinkmann Jun 4, 2008

Hello Pete,

here I'm again. I just searched my mail archive and digged out this mail from
11/02/2004 from Bill:
Not long ago, I added a new overlay line-drawing mode to Guide, that
allows one to draw a line, then add points to create a polygon; see

http://www.projectpluto.com/update8.htm#ovl_lines

This link gives the answer. While creating the overlay (circle in this case) you
have to right click and press and hold the Shift-key.

> > Question 1. Is there any way to draw a 18° radius circle around the
> > NCP to simplify where I can't slew without crashing the scope. Yes,
> > I've set the declination limit to 72°, and the scope won't go there.
> > But Meade's software crashes if the "don't go there" limit is crossed
> > and I have to reboot and realign - a real pain. It would be really
> > nice to be able to draw a red circle indicating the limits beyond
> > which I'll crash.
>
> it should be possible to draw such a circle as an Overlay (|Overlays|Edit
> Overlay|(Create new overlay)| and then toggle overlay on|off. But up to now I had
> no luck in drawing such an overlay. Creating is ok. But then I have to pass. The
> corresponding UOV file is empty besides the header line with the name of the
> overlay. The other UOV files seems to be binary. Perhaps someone else can help
> here.

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann