Fix to 'toggle geographic mode' posted

Bill J Gray Jun 2, 2008

Hi folks,

The update file at http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm has been
modified slightly, so that the "toggle geographic mode" function
works correctly.

I don't think I did anything that will fix the Jupiter problem
mentioned by Richard Jordan, but I did add some code that may
trap the bug and give us some warnings as to what's going on. If
you download this update, even if it's because you really want
the geographic mode fix, I'd appreciate it if you took a moment
to right-click on Jupiter, then ask for 'more info' and see
what the GRS longitude is. If it's something other than 123
degrees (or if you get an error message), please let me know.

Larry, I just noticed that I didn't answer a question from
your previous post: "What time format is shown when right-clicking
on the Sun at an eclipse?" The rise/set/transit times shown when
you click on the Sun (whether it's in eclipse or not, and for
objects other than the Sun, too) should be given with day/month
plus HH:MM. The time zone will be the default one (and it ought to
be listed in that dialog box). For example, I just right-clicked
on the Sun and learned that it set on 3 Jun 0:16 UTC.

-- Bill