Re: [guide-user] Unable to run Guide8 from my laptop

Bill J Gray Aug 8, 2007

Hi Glen,

Sounds very much as if you're using the software straight from the CD, back before
I fixed that 'Guide _6_' appearance in Guide 8. As I mentioned in my previous e-mail
to Christian and Pierre, use of the current update frequently fixes bizarre,
unreproducible bugs (as well as providing lots of improvements; you upgraded to
Guide 8 quite a while back, and the software has gotten much better since then.)
So I'd recommend going to

http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm

and applying the update provided there (and would recommend it even if everything
were working Just Fine).

-- Bill