Re cmc14 url doesn't look to be present in tear2.exe

duble.stars Mar 25, 2007

scrub what I said below, gsc22.exe now appears to be called tear2.exe

check to see if after download you have a file called cmc14.txt in
your guide directory, and then check to see if it has any data in it
by loading it into notepad or similar.

It looks like you'll be getting coloured stars, they may be on top of
other catalogue stars.

Also, CMC14 is "only" for stars between -30 and +50 declination and
the brightest stars are red magnitude 9,

HOWEVER, I can't find the url to I/304 in tear2.exe even though I can
find all the other ones, so it might just be missing, it depends on
whether I'm looking properly, but it certainly doesn't pop up on a
string search.

Cheers

John

--- In guide-user@yahoogroups.com, "duble.stars" <duble.stars@...> wrote:

> Check if you can download usno b1.0 or ucac2 or 2mass data, just in
> case the website is down.
>
> If you can it might simply be that he's forgot to include gsc22.exe in
> the update distribution zip file so that's not been replaced and the
> old one is still in use on your machine. I've just downloaded the
> update and gsc22.exe ain't there.
>
> This is a complete assumption on my part, as Bill could've totally
> changed how that works and it could now be done internally from Guide
> or merged with get_dss.exe.
>
> Although the CMC14 tdf is in gsc22.tdf it will not register in EXTRAS
> unless it finds some data to display (well, at least that's how things
> used to work).
>
> NB there's not a gsc22.exe in dosguide.zip neither and guide8a.zip is
> a broken link.
>
> Cheers
>
> John
>
> --- In guide-user@yahoogroups.com, "trvsfn" <trvsfn@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In guide-user@yahoogroups.com, Bill J Gray <pluto@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I've just posted the "official" update at
> > >
> > > http://www.projectpluto.com/update8.htm
> > >
> > > No real changes from the last "in-testing" version. I've
> documented
> > > the CMC-14 download function. I expect that the problem Gerhard
Dangl
> > > reported with disconnecting an ASCOM scope, then attempting to
access
> > > that scope from other software, will probably still arise. I also
> > > expect that in some circumstances, lists of satellite passes
will be
> > > either missing (as Jari Suomela found) or incomplete (as Masaki
Kouda