Re: [guide-user] Re: Only few asteroids without use of MPCORB

Laren Dart Jun 18, 2006

Hi Bill and Bertrand,

My results are the same as Bertrand's, except that Goto|Object
name... and Goto|Asteroid... both work fine with either an asteroid
name or number. I'm also using the 29 May 2006 version, but I take
the "replace all files" option" because it has always retained my
customized files (toolbar.dat, *.mar files, etc.) without changing
them. As insurance, I do have them backed up anyway.

Larry

At 11:11 PM 6/17/2006, you wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>Here is my contribution to this problem:
>
>- Quick info is OK.
>"Currently visible asteroids to magnitude 11" gives me presently 10
>asteoroids, from (1) Ceres to (354) Eleonora.
>If I click on anyone of these ten, Guide goes to the right one, with
>"X" (cross), number and name on the center of the screen. If I click
>on "X", the infow window is OK, and the "more info" window also.
>
>- Table of current asteroids
>Through this way also, all is OK. I can choose the magnitude limit,
>and Guide shows a table with as asteroids as the magnitude limit is
>down. If i click on any, all is OK as above.
>
>- Extra/Use MPCORB is grayed out
>
>- Goto/Asteroid shows me the usual small window, but if I write,
>say, ""Ceres, or "1", or any other name or number, Guide tells me:
>"not an asteroid".
>
>I use the 29 May 2006 version, but, as most of my files are
>customized, I have downloaded and replaced (as I do for each update)
>only the files that have been created of modified after the release
>of the previous version.
>
>Hope this might be helping you.
>
>Bertrand

Laren Dart