Question about new supernova

Roger Curry Feb 25, 2006

I was reading on Astronomy.com about the very long gamma ray burst
which scientist expect is a supernova in its brightening stage. The
article says it is "close" at 440 million light years but after
plotting the location given in Guide, I find no galaxy there. The
closest galaxy that shows up in Guide is a LEDA galaxy 12 arc-minutes
to the east. The distance given for that galaxy is 740 million LY and
mag 14.29. If the galaxy hosting the supernova were nearly twice as
close it would be about 4 times as bright (if the galaxies are close
to the same absolute brightness.

Does anyone have an identification of the galaxy and the brightness?

Thanks,

Roger