Re: [guide-user] Trigonometry Question - more

Patrick J. Madden Dec 13, 2005

Truman
I forgot to tell you that TPoint works with "TheSky" software (a.k.a. "brand X" on this forum). I think Bill has something that does the same thing with Guide8, but I forget what it is called.

I use TheSky to control the telescopes, except in rare instances, such as when I want to find a fast-moving asteroid. There I think Guide cannot be beat. Guide is my favorite program for everything else: displaying USNO A2 & B1 data, displaying RealSky & DSS images of galaxies; knowing when things rise, set, transit; getting an idea of what I might see when looking at a particular planet (including where the moons are). Guide was my "first love" as an astronomy program!
Pat

tk11@... wrote:
--On Monday, December 12, 2005 12:47 PM -0800 "Patrick J. Madden"
<unvat001@...> wrote:
>> I am trying to set up a 16" Ritchey with a FL of 3650 mm. Through the
>> T-Point program, I have discovered that there is a lack of orthogonality
>> between the optical axis and the declination axis.

Patrick,
I suspect that I have the same problem with my Celestron-8. Would you
please tell me what the T-point program is, and how to access it?
Truman

Truman P. Kohman, Departments of Chemistry and Physics
Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA
Phone: 412/279-6056 Fax(CMU): 412/681-0648 Internet:
tk11@... (best for correspondence, ASCII documents),
tpkohman@... (best for images, coded attachments, etc.)

To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty email to:

Astronomy English Science