Re: [guide-user] x-ray catalogue

Bill J Gray Apr 18, 2005

Hi Peter,

A late reply to:

"...Does anyone know of an x-ray catalogue suitable for Guide 8?"

I'm not much of an expert on what's out there for X-ray catalogues.
VizieR lists a whole slew of "high-energy data" catalogues at:

http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/cats/IX.htx

(The "overview" of all catalogues is at

http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/cats/cats.html.

Any of these could be added to Guide without too much difficulty,
as user-added datasets. But I'm not sure which of them would be most
useful... any comments, anyone? (I just don't know much about X-ray
astronomy.) Given some suggestions, I can probably put together a
.TDF file to read the dataset(s) readily enough, and post it on my
Web site.

-- Bill