Re: [guide-user] Eclipse Problem Update

Bill J Gray Oct 27 3:15 PM

Hi John,

Yes, I've fixed the eclipse problem, as described at

As I mentioned then, I wasn't quite ready to post the changes.
I have just done so. Download this file:

http://home.gwi.net/~pluto/guide8b.zip (about 482 KBytes)

and unZIP it in the Guide directory, and the following three
bugs of recent note will be fixed:

(1) Eclipses will work past 2114. I assume occultations of stars
and planets by the moon suffered similar problems; these are also
fixed.

(2) Go To... Common Star will now work, without concern as to
what datasets are installed or which CD(s) are in the drive.

(3) The 'doubled number/name' problem mentioned by Larry Dart,
which occurred only if you had Tycho-2 data installed but no GSC
data installed, and were at a limiting mag of about 8.5 or fainter,
is fixed. Doubling should no longer occur, no matter what combo
of installed items or CD(s) you have.

-- Bill