Re: Invalid Epoch D 2000

haraldcgreier Oct 12 7:21 AM

Hi Larry,

> Hi Harald,
>
> The default epoch will be whatever is set in Settings|RA/Dec Format...

That is clear for me. I suppose that "D" stands for "date", the actual
epoche of date, if set so.

> In addition to setting the epoch by way of the two given radio buttons
> you can set whatever epoch you want. Try checking "Other", entering
> B1950.0 and checking back to see what the legend says.

This works fine.

> I suspect the
> epoch is not supposed to be changed in the legend, and is only to show
> what epoch is set as the default. (Bill...)?

OK. But what makes me think is: _if GUIDE is set to "epoche of d"
the click on RA/DEC gives the first window (so link above). The 3rd
entry is D2000, which is "correct", if it can be said this way :)
But, why doesn't it _work if entering new coordinates. It seems only
be working (on entering some data) when set to J2000, B1950, other....etc.
but _not with "epoche of d"

greets
harald