Re: [guide-user] User Horizon

Bill J Gray May 25, 2004

Hi David,

Just checked this, and was in agreement with you; setting
USER_HORIZON=30 had no effect. Then I shut down the program and
restarted, and the horizon _was_ "lifted" to 30 degrees.

I then checked the source code, and sure enough, that's the
way it works: changes to the horizon altitude do not take effect
until the next time you start the program. I don't think it was
ever thus; if it had been, I'd have mentioned it in the writeup
on the Web site. Thanks for the catch; I'll revise the text on
that page to mention that you won't see a change until you restart
the program.

-- Bill