Re: [guide-user] My asteroids disappeared

Alan Cahill Feb 8, 2004

Hi there,

Not certain if my advice is of any use to you, but these are things to
check.

(1) Are asteroids turned on in Display Data?
(2) Is the mag limit set right in this display? Sometimes it's possible
that the mag limit is to low or maybe fixed.

The asteroid data is stored in

Guide8\Asteroid

Hope that helps

Best Regards

Alan

In message <402640A7.F57F7247@...>, Jean-François Coliac
<jfcoliac@...> writes
> Hello all,
>
> I used Guide 8 to display asteroids but only one appeared ( it is
> with
> the comets in comets.dat ).
> I searched for the original file of asteroids by opening the files
> with
> the notepad but I did not find it (in fact I do not know its name).
>
> Does anyone has an idea of its name and its directory ?
>
> Thanks
> Ckear skies

Alan Cahill
Abbeydale Observatory,