Re: [guide-user] Azimuth definition

Chris Marriott Jun 22, 2003

> I also consider that the -12/+12 range makes sense for LHA and I find this
> much more convenient (perhaps only a matter of habits). The same could be
> said about azimuth for the (apparently rare) people (I am one of them)
> using the zero-at-south convention.

I see you're in Belgium, Laurent, and that's probably why you use the "zero
at south" azimuth convention. It seems as though it's normal to measure
azimuth from south in the French-speaking parts of the world, whereas
English speakers measure it from north. I guess it's just one of those
"historical" things!

Regards,

Chris