New "test" update/Charon and A2.0

Bill J Gray Mar 15, 2003

Hi folks,

I've just posted a new "test" version of Guide at

http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm

Assorted bugs are fixed, including the missing asteroid tables.
I'm sure I've introduced some new bug(s) somewhere, though... if you
find one, please let me know before this becomes the "official" update.

Improvements include better planet rendering, options to download
USNO-B1.0 and 2MASS data much as one already can download GSC-2.2 and
USNO-A2.0 data, a better "go to nearby stars" option, and display
of J002E3 (the upper stage of Apollo 12, currently back in orbit
around the earth.)

Brian, Charon isn't bright enough to understand the downloaded
format of A2.0. It's a good idea (and, if done properly, would
mean you could also use downloaded GSC-2.2, 2MASS, or B1.0 data).
But at present, it only understands A2.0 in the binary form from
the CD-ROMs.

-- Bill