Re: [guide-user] Updated 'test' version posted

Bernd Brinkmann Nov 25, 2002

Hello Bill,

> Just posted a slightly revised 'test' version, still described at
> and downloadable from
>
> http://www.projectpluto.com/new.htm

> Assorted bugs mentioned on this list over the last few days
> are now repaired. There's still one odd one out there, though:
> I got a report via private e-mail of extremely oversized tooltip
> windows. Aside from that, things are looking better than they
> did a few days ago.

with the version from 20.11.2002 I have the following problem with
600x800 resolution: The toolbar icons streches over 2 rows. When
clicking of "file", "load mark" the tooltip text of the underlying icon pops
up and I can't load a mark. Also with this screen resolution the text is
really large, spanning half the width of the screen.

With the version from 22.11.2002 I haven't the problem I mentioned
above (but now with a screen resolution of 1280x1024 pixel). Have you
changed this behaviour?

But one problem remains: When in red stars color mode the pop up
window is white and much too bright.

One more personal oppinion: As an experienced guide user I would
prefer to run guide without this tooltips. Especially in the legend area I
find the behaviour a little bit "nervig" (don't know the right english
expression). Btw, displaying the function in the title bar was ok. Could
there be a switch for turning the tooltisps on and off?

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann
Herne, Germany