Re: isophotes and big yellow squares

markehuss Aug 29, 2002

--- In guide-user@y..., Lawrence Harris <lawrence@a...> wrote:
> No, but I want to add a bit here. Those big yellow squares are a
> nuisance to me but I cannot get rid of them. The isophotes switch
has
> *no* effect on them on my computer, but some of them go off if I
switch
> off nebulae. I don't *want* to switch off nebulae! I don't
understand
> what they are meant to do, because I cannot see the point of having
big
> yellow squares all over the sky. I *did* once manage to switch them
> off, but successive versions of Guide do not keep the same
settings, so

All of the symbols (including the yellow square LBNs) can be turned
on and off using Display|Data Shown.

Better, though, is to click on the little yellow box in the Data
Shown dialog and change the color to something less obnoxious - I use
a medium-dark gray.

Most of Bill's default colors remind me of the bad old CGA palette
days (;-) but they're easy enough to change.

--mark h