Display of stars

Arild Moland Aug 9, 2002

Hi,

I may be mistaken, but I feel that the display of stars have gotten worse in
Guide 8 than in Guide 7. Not that it is bad, but the scaling of the stellar dots
leave something to be desired. What is "wrong" I think, is a large leap in the
sequence. There's a leap from a dot put together by a 9x9 pixel square with a
pixel on top and bottom, to the next dot, which is simply a single pixel. This
makes stars with only a 1 mag difference, appear radically different, along with
the fact that no further scaling below the 1 pixel dot is possible. Maybe a
couple of intermediate dots could be made? Maybe a diamond shape, thus:

xxx
xxx the last of current "big" shapes
xxx

xxx new intermediate

xx
xx maybe even this one?

x smallest dot

I hope something can be done to remedy the situation.

Best regards,

Arild Moland :)

http://www.astro.uio.no/~arildmi/Scopes/
http://www.astro.uio.no/nas/