From: Arild Moland
To: guide-user@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [guide-user] Re: Odd lines

Hi again,

> OK, I kind of sorted this out. The odd lines disappeared when I set
> constellation boundaries' "Show at" minimum setting to 0.1 degrees
> (it was 0 degrees). The same effect also happens if constellation
> lines are set to be shown at FOW of 0 deg.

Hmmm... tried this also, but still no effect. But, in the meantime I have
investigated my odd constellation lines a little more closely, and have found
that what is in fact happening, is that Guide draws Southern constellations on
top of the Northern ones. In fact, it draws constellation labels also, so that
for instance, in Cygnus, I find both borders and the label for Centaurus. I have
trouble finding some pattern to the misbehaviour however, as the labels and such
change position whenever I recenter the field on different coords. The problem
occurs only with ortographic projection.

The same behavour goes for constellation lines. At 90 deg FOV I found it rather
amuzing to see Bootes sourrounding Procyon, and Lyra below Taurus...

Well, guess this is food for thought for Bill :)

Best regards,

Arild :)

http://www.astro.uio.no/~arildmi/Scopes/
http://www.astro.uio.no/nas/
arildmi@...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty email to: