Disappearing stars in Guide 8 (and 7)

yekpkom May 8, 2002

I've encountered the following problem with Guide 8. After zooming
from the 20 degree view (lim mag 10.5) to the 10 degree view (lim mag
11.0) all bright stars disappear. The constellation lines are still
visible but all brighter stars (from 5th magnitude or so on)
disappear and only many faint stars are visible. I've using the A2.0
stars from 15th magnitude on from HD but the problems occured also
frome time to time with Guide 7 without the A2.0 stars. Can somebody
give me some hints what to do to get the bright stars back?

Werner Hasubick