SS2000 and Nexstar control/sending disks

Bill J Gray Feb 17, 2002

Stephen, as James indicated, use of the SS2000 in LX-200 mode
should work just fine. If you _do_ find out that some new wrinkles
have been added, please let me know. But this seems unlikely.

However, it seems a good place to mention that "new wrinkles"
_have_ been added to the Nexstar series, something I only learned
recently. The code in Guide to connect to the Nexstar will work
with the older 5-inch and 8-inch scopes, but not with the newer
GT mounts and the GPS scopes. In each case, Celestron decided
to play with the command set a little bit. Seems an odd thing to
do, but Celestron failed to ask my opinion. (People often make
that mistake.)

Anyway, the changes are quite minor, and I should be able to
tweak Guide to use them. If you have such a scope and would be
willing to test it with Guide, please let me know.

And, a final piece of good news: the revised CDs have arrived
here. I sent a few on Saturday and will send many more on
Tuesday (Monday is a US holiday). It'll take me a while to catch
up with the backlog of orders, though, so it may be a while before
you get the "Guide was shipped to you today" e-mail.

-- Bill