Missing comets again

S.E.Guryanov Jun 18, 2001

Hi friends!

Has anyone tried to "update comets data" (in 13 May 2001 GUIDE version)?

I tried to use "Add MPC comets/asteroids" option -> Soft02Cmt.txt and as result
reached "No comets are currently visible!" (at any level and even when all
comets are "ON")...... :-((( No any comets in Quick Info, or in Tables->Current
comets->mag.lim...

I can see and even edit(???) "Extras -> Edit Comet data -> any object", but
result always be "No comets are currently visible!" in "GOTO Comet" mode (and a
clear window in "current comets")...
The only way I found - to reinstall Guide7b and add all additional files (etb,
tdf ....). All comets reappears ;-)... And worked fine.

The second attempt was try to edit only one frame - the "Absolute magnitude (H)"
for LINEAR C/2001 A2.
The same problem - "No comets are currently visible!" from this moment...

Could anybody help?

Maybe I have some superfluous files in my GUIDE directory from the old versions?

P.S. One more file was created in GUIDE directory - scratch.nam
(with "-001Comet" text in the body)

Clear Skies!
Sergey Guryanov (Siberia)