Re: [guide-user] corrupt astnames.dat ? and how to fix.

Laurent Zimmermann May 27, 2001

I use the 20 may 2001 version.

Without MPCORB, I tried a GoTo Asteroid 5597 and that worked well. It has
also the name 1991PC13. Nothing to do with the names you report (1990SB ou
1990RE6).
With MPCORB (a file I downloaded on 26 april 2001), a GoTO worked well also.
This time, a right click on the asteroid gave its name: Warren.

Then I tried a GoTo Asteroid 4460. I got 4460 Bihoro (not Nereus, because it
has number 4660). Same results with and without MPCORB.

To get Roddenberry, I need to go to 4659 !

Without MPCORB, a GoTo Albert and a GoTo 719 do not work (Not an asteroid,
Guide says).

But with MPCORB, both requests work well : GoTo 719 and GoTo Albert.

Your MPCORB file might be corrupted. Perhaps you can fix that with a recent
MPCORB file (and perhaps a recent update of Guide :-)

Laurent Zimmermann
http://users.skynet.be/zmn/cab