real-time displays

Lawrence Harris Apr 24, 2001

When Guide is first started, everything is accurately positioned. If
you check altitudes etc a few minutes later, all info is listed as for
the start-up time - not the current time. I frequently find that the
display is considerably out unless I frequently change the time display.
It is possible to have the display updated automatically - only if you
select a star and use the animate menu.

Has anyone discovered any obvious setting that forces automatic update
of the display every so often, so that I can ensure that what is
displayed is accurate. I have been using Guide since v2, but have
always had this problem. Most comparable programs automatically update
the display.

Lawrence Harris