Re: [guide-user] go to star common name way off ????

Roland Boninsegna Aug 12

At 01:28 12-08-19, you wrote:

i replaced the files with 20kb files --they had the star names -----no change in GOTO    DEC is correct    RA is way off...........the ra in the file is correct  ??

Sorry Bob! I made a mistake: these two files (temphelp.txt, remarks.txt) are in fact updating every time you ask for information
on a star or ask for a list of events (table) or choose a common star name  on a list ...
There is no file dedicated to the common stars names, so I suppose that it is inside the Guide exe file.
Try to install again Guide9.

Sincerely.

Roland Boninsegna

Roland Boninsegna
Rue de Mariembourg, 45
B  5670  Dourbes
Tel: + 32 60 399925
http://users.skynet.be/boninsegna
E-mail: roland.boninsegna@...

Asteroidal Occultations (EAON)
Observation of Suspected Variable Stars (GEOS)
Astronomy teaching (EAAE)
Fédération Francophone d'Astronomes Amateurs de Belgique (FFAAB)
Association pour la Sauvegarde du Ciel et de l'Environnement nocturnes (ASCEN)