Sent: Friday, December 28, 2018 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [guide-user] Comet display incorrect?

Micahel,

thanks for this hint. I never paied any attention to this feature. And when I got it right it is not showing the dust tail, instead it’s showing part of the trail (1 or more days length) of the comet.
For showing the trail of a comet I use to employ Animation/Add a trail... This and your suggestion are showing almost the same thing.

Greetings,
Rolf

Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 11:58 PM

Rolf,

Guide routinely displays the ion tail.
In the instance of C/2015 V2, which had a prominent dust trail,
you can also display this in guide under extras/asteroid comet options/trail length change from 0 to 1 days

cheers,
Micahel